* 2017-December-9: Kareem Azab, Barbara Muz, Pilar de la Puente, Cinzia Federico, Feda Azab and Amanda Jeske represented Azab Lab at the 59th ASH Annual Meeting and Exposition at Atlanta, GA.
* 2017-November-18: Dr. Kareem Azab was invited to speak at the Birzeit University in Palestine, where he spoke about translation of medical technology into small businesses as well as novel strategies for treatment of cancer.
* 2017-August-30: The Azab Lab family got together for amazing food and a great time! So much to celebrate!
* 2017-August-25: Micah Luderer, MD/PhD student, successfully defended his PhD thesis on “Development of Novel Tumor-Targeted Compounds for Boron Neutron Capture Therapy”. Micah is the first PhD student graduating from our lab, and we are thrilled for his accomplishments! He will go on to finish the last two years of his MD program at WashU’s Medical School.
* 2017-August-18: The Azab lab had a great time at the Annual CBD Retreat! Members of the lab presented on their current research, and Micah Luderer was awarded the “Best poster award”; Pilar de la Puente was awarded the “Best oral presentation award”. Way to go, Azab Lab!
* 2017-August-1: We are excited to welcome Kinan Alhallak and Jennifer Sun to our Lab, who will start their PhD programs in Biomedical Engineering.
* 2017-June-19: Based on Research Gate analysis, Dr. Kareem Azab is the most read author from the Department of Radiation Oncology, at Washington University in St. Louis.
* 2017-June-15: Dr. Kareem Azab is appointed Adjunct Clinical Instructor at the Saint Louis College of Pharmacy, Saint Louis, MO.
* 2017-June-10: Dr. Barbara Muz, a post doctoral fellow in Azab Lab, is featured in the WashU Postdoc Society Website at Washington University in St. Louis.
* 2017-June-1: Dr. Barbara Muz, a post doctoral fellow in Azab Lab, is featured in the Trainee Corner of the Cancer Biology Division, of the Department of Radiation Oncology at Washington University in St. Louis.
* 2017-April-05: Dr. Kareem Azab is an Invited Speaker in the Annual Meeting of American Chemical Society, in San Francisco, CA; and Cellatrix LLC (a spin-off startup of the Azab Lab) had a booth in the Exhibition.
* 2017-Apr-4: Dr. Barbara Muz, a post doctoral fellow in Azab Lab, gave an Oral Presentation at the Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research in Washington DC.
* 2017-March-26 to 30: Dr. Kareem Azab is on a European scientific tour delivery scientific talks at at Luxembourg Institute of Health, Luxembourg (3/27),Universitätsklinikum Freiburg, Germany (3/28), San Raffaele Hospital-Milan, Italy (3/29), and Università degli Studi “Magna Graecia” Catanzaro-Italy (3/30).
* 2017-March-23: Dr. Kareem Azab is Keynote Speaker at the First Annual Conference of the Young Arab Scientists Association (YASA), Tel-Aviv, Israel.
* 2017-Feb-07: Dr. Kareem Azab is an invited lecturer in the Advanced Oncology course for graduate students at University of Missouri, Columbia, MO.
* 2017-Jan-06: As part of our community outreach, Dr. Barbara Muz gives a talk for the “Parkway Spark!” program at St. Louis Community College, St. Louis, MO, which helps high school students who are interested in Bio-Sciences with their college choices.